The whiskey on your breath
Could make a small boy dizzy;
But I hung on like death:
Such waltzing was not easy.
We romped until the pans
Slid from the kitchen shelf;
My mother’s countenance
Could not unfrown itself.
The hand that held my wrist
Was battered on one knuckle;
At every step you missed
My right ear scraped a buckle.
You beat time on my head
With a palm caked hard by dirt,
Then waltzed me off to bed
Still clinging to your shirt.
1 year ago
- scandalousfemale reblogged this from yourscheherazade
- areyougelato likes this
- effigyemporium reblogged this from mydreamsfeelalive
- mydreamsfeelalive reblogged this from yourscheherazade
- test244 likes this
- americannnoise reblogged this from quietfernwithaspace
- k0damas reblogged this from quietfernwithaspace
- k0damas likes this
- quietfernwithaspace reblogged this from divinewords
- divinewords reblogged this from yourscheherazade
- regurgitate-that-verb-i-ate reblogged this from yourscheherazade
- phantomancer likes this
- standingonthecastironshore reblogged this from inthundercloudsabovethecity
- lukeisherenow likes this
- inthundercloudsabovethecity reblogged this from yourscheherazade
- yourscheherazade posted this